This mosque is situated in the centre of the Gazakh
and built in 1899 by Israfil Agha's order according to
architect Muzaffar Huseynov's design. Made from baked brick,
the mosque is in shape of 17.2 х 17.2 m quadratic hall. A
cupola with 13.4 m inner diameter is built on the octagon
formed by sharp arches. The overall height of the mosque is
15 m and thickness of the maintaining walls almost 2 m.
The common entrance to the mosque is topped with the
vault added to the body. Two minarets are erected on the
body of the mosque on the both sides of the main facade.
In Soviet times, the mosque has suspended its activities
and only since 1990 has once again become active places of