The mosque in Aslanbeyli village was
built by local residents in 1909. The mosque is about 100 m
far from the house of influential, pious Haji Mahmud Afandi
and was built in his honour.
There is a newly built minaret narrowing upwards on the
right corner of the building. Local stone is used 0n the
constriction of the minaret and mosque. There is a big
praying hall inside the mosque. The hall is equally divided
into two parts with twin arches leaning against the columns.
In Soviet times, the activities of the mosque as a
worship place had been discontinued and banned. The building
was converted into a country club, and felt into decay. Only
after Azerbaijan gained its independence the building was
restored, and resumed the work as a mosque again.